Eyeliner is a type of cosmetic used along the rim of the eye. You can define or change the shape of your eye or even make your eye look bigger with eyeliners.
Types of eyeliners: - Pencil liners (easy to control, great for smudging,
poor staying power)
- Liquid liners (need expert, stay on forever)
- Gel Liners (easy to use, staying power)
How to make eyes look bigger
Re-shape your eyes using different colored liners. To create an almond shape, line your eyes with dark pencil from the outside corners inward, then line the inside corners with light pencil. Blend with a smudge brush. Remember: dark colors shade and light colors pop.
How to brighten up your eyes
Just outline the inner corners of your eyes with a white pencil eyeliner and avoid black eyeliner in your waterline!
Or you can draw your water-line with a white eye pencil.
How to get smokey eyes
The key here is to blend well. Also, make sure to keep all other makeup light or you risk looking overdone. You don't want the rest of your makeup to compete with your eyes.
- Holding the skin of your upper lid taut, apply pencil eyeliner from the inside corner of the eye outward. Draw strokes into the lash line. The middle of the line should be a bit thicker than the edges.
- Use a cotton swap to smudge the liner.
- Dab an eyeshadow brush into a deep-hued eyeshadow and apply over the eyeliner to set the line . Layering liner with a shadow is the secret to a perfect smokey eye.
- Colour should diffuse from rich and dark near the lashes to almost sheer as it extends to the crease.
How to get dramatic eyes
If you want to make your eyes look dramatic, then try black liquid eyeliner. You can also achieve this look by using gel eyeliner and small eyeliner brush with angled bristles. Your eyes will look dramatically beautiful.