Small changes at home can make a big difference when it comes to decoration. And don't forget, little changes make good impressions! Here are some tips for easy makeover of your home- cheap decoration ideas:
1. Buy something Lucite. One piece will make any style room tastier — it's like adding salt.
2. If you have a modern room, make yourself buy one traditional thing, like an old ceramic bowl or brass candlesticks with beeswax candles. If you have a traditional room, make yourself buy one modern thing, like a steel table.
3. Buy new paintings or illustrations for your walls.
4. Wallpaper the inside of your bedroom closet and use leftover wallpaper to line the drawers of your bedside table.
5. A brand new rug: enough to change the look of your home.
6. Get rid of all the pieces of furniture you're afraid to sit on or use.
7. Every room needs a little skin: Add a pillow or ottoman in an animal print.
8. Buy a photography or botanical book, take a razor blade, and cut it up. It's not sacred. Put a dozen pages (the more, the better) in matching inexpensive frames, and hang them in a row or a block.
9. Plants in pots, whether be herbs or cactus, are the perfect way to add beauty and warmth to your home.
10. Change window coverings, go graphic, different colors or shades.
11. Buy a big pretty tray — try lacquer. Take all the things on your coffee table for example and arrange them on the tray for a whole new pulled-together look.
12. Pull apart a set of twin beds and bedside table. Rearrange them in an L-shape, head to head, with the bedside table in the corner.
13. Order an inexpensive big round table and skirt. Use it like your attic: hide all your junk underneath.
14. Add a long bench to the end of your bed — it will look much more finished.
15. Conquer your fear of flower arranging. Anybody can arrange one type of flower in one color, cut short. Buy twice as many as you think you should — too much of a good thing always works with flowers. Put any extra stems in small glasses.
16. New table lamps can make a big difference in updating the look of a room. Or simply change your lampshade, it will improve the lighting thus the environment.
17.Give your wood shelves a punch of color. What color? Look at the colors that you have in your fabrics and artwork.
18. What about painting your kitchen chairs? Or even just the backs. How about the legs on the table? I personally love two-tone furniture.
19. Don't be afraid to add some color on the walls. Paint a room or two or at least paint an accent wall behind your sofa. A single quart makes a transformation!
20. New cushion covers for your sofa, any color you like, will energize your living room! Or you can change the seat cushions of your kitchen chairs.