Having a hard time trying to achieve sexy super pouty lips? Here are a few steps in order to achieve this look:
What you will need:
1. lip balm
3. lip pencil
5. lip gloss.
- First of all you want a clean canvas much like how you use foundation to achieve an even and clean look on your face as a whole; you want to do the same with your lips. Since most people do their lips last, start with applying a clear lip balm on your lips before applying the rest of your makeup so that your lips will be nice and moist and soft and ready to go once you get to this last step in your routine. You can use whatever lip balm treatment you would like for this step.
- Once you are ready to begin you will want to wipe the excess lip balm off your lips so that you can apply your regular foundation/powder. The point of this step is to even out the color and texture of your lips, and create an even base so that your lip color has something to stick to. Again if you don’t want to do this step you don’t have to. Some people find this step unnecessary or too drying on the lip.
- Using the right lip pencil is crucial at this stage. Even if you are only applying lip gloss defining your lip can save you from the lip gloss or lipstick from bleeding outside of the lines and in the case of lip gloss it can save you from looking like you are drooling. Not a good look on anyone! If you are going for a super clean look you will want to choose a pencil that is a nude or light pink and for a darker look you may want to venture into a purple,dark wine color or brown). Start by lining your top lip first. Use light feathering strokes to outline your lip. Begin with your cupids bow. You don’t need to go outside your natural lip line for this look. Instead of over-emphasizing the cupids bow try to make the lines more of a straight line or slightly curved line rather than a strict ‘V’ shape. This is more flattering on most people. Also at the corners you might want to slightly draw the line inwards to draw more attention to your bottom lip. Next outline your bottom lip. This is where you can over-emphasize your natural lip line, but be careful to only do this in the center of the lip. Don’t forget to line the corners and then fill your lips in entirely.
- Once you have finished lining your lips you can move onto the lipstick. You can use the tube or a brush for this step. All depends on your comfort level. Using a lip brush is sometimes easier to use when you are manipulating your lip line (e.g. exaggerating your natural lip line or making the lip line look smaller; which we are doing both for this look); but if you are comfortable just using the lipstick itself that is fine as well. You will want to use a darker lipstick than lip gloss, or use a clear lip gloss if you are going for a nude lip, or even a slightly lighter nude or pink gloss. You will want to avoid glittery glosses. Also using a matte finished lipstick works best for this look.
- Once you have the lipstick applied its time for the gloss. You don’t want to put this all over the lips, just in the center of the lip on both the top and bottom. Just purse your lips together a few times and do the finger trick in order to keep lipstick off your teeth.
- Last step is to use concealer with a small brush to clean up your lip line ever so lightly which also helps to keep your lips looking fresh and crisp. Do this lastly to define the line more. You can still skip this step if you wish but it really can make a huge difference. You are done! And your pouty lips will surely get noticed!
Relatively simple but can add a polished sexy dramatic look to anyone’s lips and overall style!