Packing for a trip is always an undertaking. We agonize over what outfits to bring, how many pairs of shoes to take, and of course what makeup to haul in our makeup bags. I, like most people, tend to overdo it, and never use half of the products I packed!
When packing skincare and makeup, we feel we need of all the lotions and potions we use on a daily basis, especially the item we might need in an emergency. We end up bringing everything in our bathroom cabinets, and have much more then we will ever need on our trip. Going on vacation is all about letting go and relaxing. This doesn’t mean you have to abandon your beauty regime – just consolidate and simplify.
When going on a vacation you always want to be prepared. Your skin may have different needs in regard to the stress of travel, hot or cold climate change and different eating habits. So you want to plan and pack accordingly, and only bring the items you need for your getaway.
Follow these essential travel rules along with few extra tips to insure you will be prepared for anything, your packing will be easy, and your beauty bag will be light:
- Get a manicure and pedicure a day or two before you go on holiday. Take the nail color used on your nails and pack it along with a clear top coat and a nail file all together in a plastic baggy for quick touch-ups to ensure your nails will look fabulous for the duration of your trip.
- Get your eyebrows, bikini line, underarms and legs professionally waxed a week before your vacation. This will ensure smooth, radiant skin without razor burn or irritations, and no need for a razor or refills. No fuss and no worries about shaving while you’re gone.
- Pack a high SPF cream for the face and body, along with an after sun lotion that will double as a body lotion. Protecting your skin from the sun’s rays is a key factor to beautiful skin and your health in general.
- Buy travel size containers for shampoo, conditioner, and your favorite hair care products they will take up less room in your bag, and are easy to refill for your next vacation.
- A mini cleanser, toner, and moisturizer with SPF 15 and eye cream are the ideal size for a vacation. A complete skincare.
- A Light weight with buildable coverage foundation is perfect. Or if light coverage is fine for you a BB cream with SPF is perfect to wear during the day.
- A nude color lipstick and/lipgloss is a great universal color and is beautiful on everyone.
- Take your favourite neutral color shadow quad.
- Easily applied eyeliner adds great definition to your eyes.
- A waterproof mascara will last all day long in any climate.
- A translucent powder to set your foundation and is great for touch ups throughout the day.
Now your beauty bag is complete with only the must-haves you need to look and feel great on your next vacation!
|Travel Cosmetic Bag|