The high content of Vitamin C in lemons makes it an effective skin care aid. For brighter, softer skin use fresh lemon juice on your face to brighten up and soften your skin. Lemon juice also fades freckles and age spots (hyperpigmentation)by applying it before going to bed at night. Over the course of a week or two, it will cleanse the skin and lighten its color. You can also add 1/2 cup of fresh juice to your bath water and soak for 20 minutes for an all over skin treatment.
Lemon is one of the skin whitening agents. With just lemon and water you can make a good and cheep home remedy, beside skin whitening, it can also remove blackheads, freckles, oily skin treatment, making skin become smoother/softer and aslo helping in peeling off our dead skin.It is best to use lemon skin whitening before you go to bed every night.
If your skin is sensitive to the citric acid in lemons, you may dilute the lemon juice with a bit of water rather than use it full strength.
I, personally, apply lemon juice to my skin by putting the juice on an already moistened cotton ball. It is also not advisable that you apply lemon juice to your skin before sun exposure as it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun.
You can also get rid of blackheads by rubbing lemon juice over the area of your face that has blackheads before going to bed at night. In the morning, rinse your face with cool water. Repeat this procedure nightly until blackheads are gone.
Make a moisturizing mask for dry skin by mixing equal amounts of honey, lemon and olive oil. Apply the mixture to dry areas on the skin and allow it to dry thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
As a toner for oily skin, combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons vodka, 1 tablespoon distilled water, and 1 teaspoon witch hazel. Use cotton balls to apply the mixture to your skin then rinse. You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for about a week.
To exfoliate dead skin cells rub a cut lemon dipped into a half-teaspoon of sugar over your face for a few minutes, or create a mild mixture by using lemon juice, sugar and a small amount of water. Do this every night to help remove accumulated dead skin cells and refresh your skin.
To make a lemon anti-wrinkle mask mix a teaspoon of honey, a few drops of lemon juice and a drop of sweet almond oil. Apply this mixture on the face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes and wash off.
Always follow with moisturizer and a high SPF sunscreen. This is really important, lemons make your skin photosensitive. You can end up with more dark spots and discoloration than you started with!
- Treat your skin with lemon daily to gradually see effects. Be dedicated to this routine!
- Lemon is acidic and could dry out your skin, so moisturize thoroughly daily.
- Lemon is great for removing wrinkles, blackheads and dead skin cells. Their natural properties help improve the skin.
- Drinking lemon juice will also benefit your skin by purging toxins from your body.
- If your skin is sensitive to the citric acid in lemons, you may desire to dilute the lemon juice with a bit of water rather than use it full strength.
- It is not advisable that you apply lemon juice to your skin before sun exposure as it makes the skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Watch out for your eyes!
- Do not go in the sun while there is lemon juice on your skin.
- Watch out for cuts. The acid in the lemon juice will sting.
- Always use high SPF sunscreen before going in the sun as lemon makes your skin photosensitive.